I definitely haven’t done nearly enough baking this Christmas. I feel like the festive period is usually fairly leisurely but this year it seems like I’ve been busy non-stop and unfortunately baking has taken a back seat! I have, however, managed to squeeze in one particularly delicious recipe you can whip up in minutes. If you read , you might remember me mentioning Lakeland’s Candy Cane bark. I loved it so much that I decided to recreate it myself because let’s be honest, not only is it much cheaper but it’s so easy there’s no excuse not to make some! With a hint of peppermint, the creamy chocolate works so well with the crunchy candy cane to create a sweet treat nobody can resist! So what are you waiting for?
You will need:
450g white chocolate
150g dark chocolate
Peppermint extract (I used one)
3 or 4 candy canes
- Melt all of the white chocolate in the microwave. This can burn easily so keep an eye on it!
- Add a few drops of peppermint essence to taste into the melted chocolate.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and Pour the chocolate into the tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. Spoon this in blobs on top of the white chocolate and using a cocktail stick or skewer, swirl the white and dark chocolate together until your happy with the look.
- Chop up your candy canes into small pieces and sprinkle to your hearts content over the chocolate.
- Pop your baking tray into the fridge until your chocolate has set then break into pieces. Et voila!
If we hadn’t eaten the bark so quickly I would have loved to bundle it up in cellophane for some homemade Christmas gifts but as it is so easy to make, I’m sure I can whip up some more! I’d love to know what you enjoy baking at this time of year?
As is traditional around this time, it’s time for me to take a little break so this will be my last blog post until the 31st of December. I hope you all have a wonderful and very happy Christmas!
Rosalie Horrocks x